Monday, April 15, 2013

All At Sea Review

When I first listened to 'All At Sea' I was unsure of what to expect... I noticed that their Facebook page said they were influenced by both 'A Day To Remember' and 'Young Guns' who are two of my favorite bands so I was hoping that 'All At Sea' wouldn't disappoint me. 

The first song I listened to was 'Rumors' and I absolutely adored the opening of song and it also made a good opening to the EP. When the vocals started I continued to love it and the lead singer's voice is definitely a great attribute to the band. The guitar riffs are original and create dynamics in the music which therefore give them an edgy sound as well as the drums and bass which help to add diversity to their music. Although it is clear they are influenced by some of the greatest bands in the modern day music genre, it is also obvious that they use their own ideas in order to make their music appealing to a wide audience.

Continuously I listened to '11 missed calls' and their other song 'L.I.F.E'  will be going on my iPod later tonight! '11 missed calls' makes me want to jump around my room and go crazy to their delightful riffs and strong vocals which is always a good sign for and up and coming rock/ pop punk band! 'L.I.F.E' started to get a little bit more heavy which is always good for the rock side of their genre and it made me want to grab a group of my friends and jump around to this unique song. 

The final two songs on their EP were just as strong as the ones which opened it and it is clear that the band have a great future ahead of them. In the past they have supported Don Broco, Shadows Chasing Ghosts, Fearless Vampire Killers and also Twenty Twenty. With the musical abilities of Jay, Jason, Ben, Alex and Anthony it is clear that they will from strength to strength and there is nothing I would like to see more than them having their own headline tour.


4/5 stars for such a awesome EP!

Good luck in the future!

Check them out:
https://twitter.com/allatseauk
https://www.facebook.com/Allatseaofficial
http://www.reverbnation.com/allatseaband
http://www.youtube.com/user/allatseaofficial


No comments:

Post a Comment